I’m so happy to see new faces around here! It’s been awhile since I’ve introduced myself, so I thought I’d share a few things. I’d love to hear from you, too.
(In case you find yourself bored, there’s a little more about me and my writing in the About —> Story section of the page, as well.)
Here are some highlights:
- I’m a thirty-something wife and mama of two. I like to dissect mamahood, wife life, and friendship, but I also write a lot of personal reflections. This is me, this is real, and I hope something resonates with you.
- I like just about everybody, I’ve stopped trusting negative first impressions (and rumors), and I always try to understand why people do what they do or feel how they feel. The perspective shift is pretty amazing when you try to assume the best about people for as long as you possibly can, you know?
- Some favorite things are: college football, musical theater, picnics, waking up in the middle of the night to drive to the airport, books, giant mugs of coffee, baby feet and toddler giggles, the past, the Oscars, ocean cruises, and Christmas. I also love to write fiction, and I’m working away on children’s books and a YA novel.
- I’m a Jesus enthusiast and a progressive Christian, both of which influence what I write.
- Diversity, social justice, equality, and inclusivity matter to me. A lot. I write about those things, too.
- I have a weird list of pet peeves. For example: Cartoon characters never change their clothes. WHY? Lost hairbrushes. So frustrating. And my sock ALWAYS comes off my heel when I take off my shoe. That’s the worst.
- One of the things I’m most excited for in Heaven is the shattering of the social constructs we work so hard to build every day in this world — the things that divide us.
- I was born in the mid-‘80s, but I’ll pick the ‘60s as the best musical decade, hands down, every time. (That has been true for as long as I can remember.) I also love classic TV. And I was reading non-fiction books on civil rights at 9 or 10 years old, which is around the time people started telling me I had an old soul. Still do, I think. My body is just growing into it.
- I’m an empath, so I really feel for others. Also, I have anxiety at all times. Some things trigger my anxiety more than others, like noise. Just noise. And I have two small children, so…
- I really dislike even numbers, so I can’t end here.
- I truly hope you’ll feel at home here. It may not be the perfect place for everybody, but I trust that it will find just the right hearts. So grab your coffee, pull up a chair, and tell me about yourself. I’m excited to know you!